Today I lopped off the extra 1″ or so from the tops of the leg tenons (are those called horns?), which was harder than I expected. Then I chopped the dovetails on the outer leg tenons, which was easier than I expected. In case you’re wondering, I started the cut with my dozuki and then when the back of the saw started hitting the top of the tenon, I switched to the rip side of my ryoba. Piece of cake, quite honestly.

I’m going to glue up the last four boards (two on each side) while the benchtop is mounted, so I needed to apply a little wax a little here and there to be sure my next glue-up doesn’t fasten the top to the legs. And that’s that!

The tenons aren’t a perfect fit through the benchtop. You can see gaps here and there. But it’s also really snug here and there, and between the four legs the top is quite secure and immovable. So I’m okay with cosmetic imperfections.

Advertisements